Are you interested in holding an event on DSI's premises?
Here you will find all the information you need to hold an event on the premises of the DSI.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The team of the DSI managing office
Table of contents
1. Basic facts
- The DSI only provides the event room mentioned below.
- The DSI is neither an organizer nor does it act as an event organizer or similar.
- The DSI office does not take the initiative regarding access, technology, catering, etc. for reserved rooms.
- The responsibility lies solely with the person organizing the event.
2. Who can reserve the event room at the DSI?
- Managers of the DSI Communities
- Partner organizations of the DSI
3. Wow is the event room equipped?
Event room / SOC-E-010
- Max. 86 persons
- Audio system
4. How to make a reservation request?
5. When can the event room be booked?
- In principle, the meeting rooms can be booked on working days between 8:00 and 17:00.
- For bookings during the lunch break and after 17:00, the person organizing the event must obtain information about possible access in good time, i.e. at least one week before the planned date.
6. How to enter the event room?
In order to carry out events at the DSI, an event badge is required. This is personal and may not be passed on to third parties.
Event badges can be picked up at the DSI Managing Office by appointment from Tuesday to Thursday. Please send appointment requests to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
It is recommended to obtain the badge as early as possible.
Failure to return the badge within five working days of the meeting date will result in a fee of CHF 100.
7. Technology & equipment
We ask you to watch this explanatory video for information on access, technology, and room amenities.
Personal instruction by the DSI office is available by appointment. Appointment requests should be sent to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The DSI does not receive support from the UZH operations service, as the premises are self-managed. Therefore, in case of problems, only the DSI managing office can be involved, on weekdays between 8:00 and 17:00.
When conducting workshops or similar, the person organizing the event is responsible for organizing any necessary working aids (pens, notepads, post-its, etc.).
The following WIFI networks are available:
- uzh - for UZH members
- eduroam - for university members of other institutions participating in eduroam
- uzh-guest - for external guests
Guests can authenticate themselves by means of an SMS code.
If the WIFI uzh-guest is selected, a pop-up window appears explaining the further steps. Tip: First accept the terms and conditions - only then can the cell phone number be entered.
- The DSI does not provide catering on site.
- Any catering may only be obtained from the ZFV and must be organized by the person organizing the event (incl. delivery on the day of the event).
The meeting rooms are to be left tidy after each event:
- Furniture is to be returned to the arrangement as encountered.
- Whiteboards are «white».
- Used flipchart sheets and other material are to be disposed of.
- Any soiling, e.g. after catering, must be removed by the event organizer.
- Empties must be disposed of by the organizer (do not deposit in the kitchen).
In addition to the points listed here, the general house regulations of the UZH apply.
- The use of the meeting rooms is free of charge for members of the DSI Network and for partner organizations of the DSI.
- In case of non-compliance with the requirements of the DSI managing office, fees for additional expenses will be charged (at least CHF 300).