How can doctoral students who are already enrolled at UZH apply for the DSI Excellence Program?
To apply to the complementary DSI Excellence Program, please submit your application in English to email@example.com.
- Please include the following in your application to the DSI (in a single PDF file):
- All university-level grade transcripts
- A short statement of purpose/research statement (a nonbinding research interest, or your research project if you already have one, max. one page) and a brief summary in 1-2 sentences. It is also advisable to explain why you want to participate in the Excellence Program.
- If you already have a PhD supervisor: written approval of the application by the supervisor (only needed if the recommendation letter is not from the supervisor - see point 2.).
- Answer the following questions:
- Which PhD program/doctoral subject/general doctorate at UZH are you enrolled in? In which faculty? Since when?
- When do you plan to submit your dissertation? (Show that you can complete the Excellence Program before submitting the thesis.)
- In addition, you need a letter of recommendation from a professor/PhD supervisor, which he/she should send directly to the email address above.
The DSI Excellence Program starts each Fall Semester one week before the start of the lecture period. The application deadline for Fall 2021 is
December 10, 2020.
Applicants will be notified by February 28, 2021.