The aim of the DSI Science Support Services is to provide support and coordination to DSI members regarding their research related to questions of digitalization and its impact on society and science.
- Financial support: The DSI supports projects of DSI members with the strategic funds of the DSI. The criteria for receiving funds from the DSI are described in the document “DSI Criteria”.
- Fellowship Program: The DSI offers a fellowship program in order to support interdisciplinary collaboration at the University of Zurich regarding all questions of the impact of digitalization on society and science. The application criteria are described in the document “DSI-Fellowships-Announcement”.
- Grant application support: The DSI supports researchers in writing successful grant proposals related to digitalization topics and in managing research projects. The aim is to support approximately two applications for large-scale projects (>1 Mio. CHF) every year. The DSI managing board is able to provide support in terms of helpful tips and insights from previous applications, e.g. Horizon 2020 applications. Furthermore, by scanning upcoming national and international calls, the DSI will draw attention to interesting topics and aims to connect DSI members in order to build powerful consortia.
- Ethics management: The DSI managing board provides support regarding ethical questions facing modern research by creating guidelines and evaluation systems that deal with the specific ethical challenges posed by digital research (e.g. data management).
- Research coordination: The DSI managing board is responsible for managing all processes related to the collaboration of the DSI’s structural elements (research group coordination; DSI fellowships, coordination and support of the challenge areas and community events, organization of internal colloquia such as brown bag lunches, etc.).
- Event organization: The DSI provides organizational support to DSI researchers in setting up workshops, conferences, and other types of events.
- Contact point for stakeholders: The DSI managing board serves as a point of contact for journalists, companies, political bodies, and public administration bodies. Bi-monthly lunches with journalists from NZZ and regular meetings with SRF are already in place. The upcoming launch of the DSI Yellow Pages will further facilitate the linking of journalists, politicians and other stakeholders with the UZH researchers represented in the DSI network.
- Programming, Analytics & Data Science: Support in programming is provided by S3IT. Currently the DSI is in contact with S3IT to also set up Data Analysis/Data Science Clinics providing support in big data management, processing, analytics, and visualization competences.
Information & Application
The DSI managing board regularly sends e-mails to the DSI network members drawing their attention to upcoming calls, opportunities etc.
Regarding financial support and the DSI fellowships, you are encouraged to refer to the documents mentioned above.