The future begins with you. On 21 November 2017, we invite you to find out what digitalization means for you and for Switzerland at more than 80 events exploring the topic.
Living in the midst of the digital revolution, we are all witnesses to a historical era. Switzerland, with its reputation as an innovative business center, is well placed to harness the opportunities presented by digitalization. The Digital Day is a unique event in Europe bringing together more than 40 renowned companies and institutions to present their digital visions.
At Zurich Main Station:
- Serious Moral Games: Digital tools such as computer games are increasingly being used in research. UZH is currently developing a serious moral game to measure and train moral skills. A systematic investigation of the effect playing games can have on learning is being carried out. In a short workshop, the audience will gain an insight into this exciting current research project.
- Get-together "Will there still be professions in 2050?": From 17:00-17:40 Prof. Dr. Abraham Bernstein (UZH Digital Society Initiative), Hans Werner (Swisscom), Prof. Dr. Thomas Meier (ZHDK), and Denise Müller (Switzerland Global Enterprise) discuss education and work 4.0 in the restaurant Imagine. You are cordially invited to join this round-table discussion.
- UZH Talks: Digitalization raises many questions for all of us: How do online auctions actually work? Can a video game make me more moral? Who actually does what with my data? In short videos – the UZH Talks – researchers from the University of Zurich answer some of these questions. We therefore cordially invite you to sit in one of our comfortable armchairs in the "Technology & Innovation" area and find out the answers to these questions.
- UZH Talks - Live!: In addition to the UZH Talks videos, researchers from the University of Zurich will be giving five short presentations to answer some of the questions raised by digitalization.
- 10:45: Do religion and spirituality also work over the internet? - Prof. Dr. Dorothea Lüddeckens
- 12:45: Will we still be using good media on the Internet in 10 years? - Dr. Linards Udris
- 15:45: How do human and artificial intelligence work together? - Prof. Dr. Abraham Bernstein
- 17:45: How much is the Mona Lisa worth? The future of online shopping... - Prof. Dr. Sven Seuken
- 18:45: Does my privacy have a future? - Prof. Dr. Florent Thouvenin
UZH Talks on the Web
What does digitalization mean for our society? In the video series, experts from UZH answer pressing questions about digitalization. Watch the videos.